Telephone: 01944 758000
Email: [email protected]
This glorious Morris Minor Saloon was first registered on 22n July 1930. From the history file we are told the Morris was in use for eight years and in 1938 placed in a garage in Muswell Hill, London as the owner had joined the forces. The Morris was dry stored until 1948 and the garage in Muswell Hill sold the car to the next owner. It was towed out of the garage and taken to a local friend for a good check over and overhaul. In 1953 the owner decided to have some engine work carried out but it was temporarily off the road again in 1957 for six months. Once again in 1960 it was ‘laid’ up due to the expense of children. Interestingly in 1974 it was the eldest child who decided to carry out some work on the car and get it back on the road and looking good. The family kept the car until 1990 and it was then treated to some major restoration work and taken to the high standard it is today.
The Morris comes with a wonderful notebook detailing ownership, use and work during the late 1940's and 1950's. The Morris has spent many years off the road but having been restored during the 1990's and then sold on in 2002, it has had one and off use. According to the Morris register the car was fitted with an SV engine many, many years ago replacing the OHC unit. Over the past three years the Morris has been part of a private museum collection in Derbyshire and has been kept in stunning, detailed condition and is on the button.
Whilst the Morris has not had much recent use, it drives particularly well with a lovely engine and gearbox. The Morris handles and brakes well and will be put through our workshop for a full MOT and service once we secure a buyer. The car is strong mechanically and is beautifully presented with lovely aged paintwork, solid, straight bodywork in lovely order and wonderful, detailed upholstery. The recent owners have clearly had a fine eye for detail and the car presents in first class condition.