Telephone: 01944 758000
Email: [email protected]
We are delighted to offer this very rare Riley onto the market. This is an original two door sports special, only a very small number of these two door open cars were ever built by Riley and we are told only two are known to survive. This car must not be confused with the many none original replica's that appear on the market, this is an exceptionally rare, original bodied car that is a truly wonderful find having being hidden away for much of the past 91 years.The Riley was first registered on the 21st September 1925 but there is no know history of the car prior to WW2. TY 225 was reputedly pulled from a bombed out private garage in Bristol in 1948 by the first post war owner, Mr Max Williamson of Stroud, a well known early member of the VSCC. The Riley was subject of major re-commissioning work and eventually become the Club 'concours' winner in 1958. In 1961 the Riley was then sold to Mr Ken Gilling, the Riley Club President and in 1964 sold to a fellow Club member, Mr Peter Arnold who totally rebuilt/restored the car over the following years. Interestingly, the Riley engine was totally stripped down and this point fitted with a special Ricardo crankshaft. Although the Riley was restored, it was not used on the open road until selling to the last owner in 2013 and as a result was subject of further re-commissioning work. In 2013 the car made a long awaited return to the Riley Register Club summer event.